Phase change thermal interface material (hereby referred to as PCTIM) is a type of material that remains solid at room temperature and changes to liquid form, when its temperature starts increasing. PCTIMs are made by mixing fine particle ceramic filters for thermal enchantment, organic filters and supporting substrate.
These are majorly used in consumer electronics industry due to the need for dissipating large amounts of heat from the semiconductor device junction to ambient surroundings. Also, they are used in variety of industrial sectors like automotive, electronics, telecom, computer and consumer durables.
Major factor that is impacting the PCTIM market is high demand from the consumer electronics industry. Another industry which heavily depends on PCTIMs is graphics hardware industry, where interface materials are used in the process of heat dissipation to keep the computer at low temperature. Another industry which is relying upon PCTIMs is LED cooling, where recent LED technology has produced products with much higher power and brightness, creating the need for effective thermal management. In computers PCTIMs are used in developing processors and occupy the highest share in PCTIM market.
Market is segmented based on filler type, binder type and application. Based on filler type, market is segmented into Aluminum oxide, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Nitride, Zinc Oxide and others. Based on binder type, market has been segmented into paraffin, non-paraffin (organic), eutectic salts, and salt hydrates. The PCTIM market is segmented by end-user industry into computers, electrical & electronics, telecom, automotive and others.
Asia-Pacific has the largest share in this market, closely followed by North America, due to the high demand for electronics, computers and construction sector in the region. PCTIMs are majorly used in Industrial sector in NA, particularly in green buildings which include smart features to ensure energy efficiency and, in the electronics sector, due to excellent thermal insulation properties of PCTIMs.
Opportunities are really good for this market due to increase in demand for other end user industries like automotive, electronics, industrial, telecom, computers, consumer durables and medical devices. But demand has declined in Japan due to slight decline in electronics market and availability of substitutes like non-silicon thermal interface material are posing serious threats to the market.
Some of the major companies in this market are 3M, AI Technology, Bergquist Company, Dow Corning Corp., Henkel Corp., Honeywell International Inc., Laird Plc. and Momentive.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage