A Piezoelectric Actuator is used to convert an electrical signal into a stroke or a physical displacement which can be controlled. A blocking force develops in case the displacement is prevented. This controlled movement generated by the piezoelectric actuators is used for finely adjusting the mirrors, lenses and machining tools. Sometimes, the piezoelectric actuators are also used for controlling the hydraulic valves, special purpose motors, small volume pumps and in many other such applications, where a movement or a force is required. They also find applications in braille machines and precision knitting machines. Some of the other uses of Piezoelectric Actuators are in Photonics, Optics and Measuring technology for laser tuning and scanning microscopy, in Disc drive applications such as MR Head testing, Disc Spin Stands, and Vibration Cancelling, in Microelectronics such as Nano-technology, Wafer and mask positioning and Microlithography, and in Life Science and Biology such as Gene Technology and Shock wave generation.
The end users of the Global Piezoelectric Actuator Market mainly include the Automotive Industry, Aviation, Medical, Aerospace and Consumer Electronics Industry.
Few factors promoting Global Piezoelectric Actuator Market are its simple and easy to use design, minimal moving parts, lubrication free operation and high reliability. The projected growth for the Global Piezoelectric Actuator market is at a CAGR of around 16.24%. The unlimited resolution feature of the Piezoelectric Actuators makes them perfect for up to sub-nanometre range fine positioning. Their low power consumption and property of not getting affected by magnetic fields are making them more in demand as they can be used in places where magnetic fields cannot be tolerated. Another reason for the expansion of the piezoelectric actuator market is the booming mobile phone industry. The auto focussing mechanism in mobile phones with video cameras is one of the most sought out features, and piezoelectric actuators help in that with their silent drive characteristics.
The Global Piezoelectric Actuator Market is segmented into the following categories:
- Application: Automotive Industry, Aerospace, Aviation, Medical and Consumer Electronics
- Geography: America, Europe, South-East Asia, Japan, India, and China
Some of the major regions dominating in the Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Market are North America, Europe, South-east Asia, Japan, China, and India. The increasing demand in the sectors of Optical Instruments, Scientific Instruments, Air and Space, Electrics and Electromagnetic valves is encouraging more number of companies to use Piezoelectric Actuators. The market trend of replacing the electromagnetic solenoid actuators with the piezoelectric actuators is what is driving the industry in these regions.
The major players in this field are Alps Electric, AAC Technologies, APC International, CTS, Murata Manufacturing, Johnson Electric, TDK, Piezosystem Jena and Johnson Matthey Piezo Products. Few other companies are KYOCERA, CreramTec, Noliac and Physic Instrumente.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage