The Stack Piezoelectric Actuator is one kind of a Piezoelectric Actuator, the other kind being a Stripe Piezoelectric Actuator. A piezoelectric stack is a monolithic ceramic construction, which consists of many thin piezoceramic layers connected parallel. The main characteristics of a Stack Piezoelectric Actuator are that it offers a high blocking force and a low stroke. Also, depending upon the requirements of the user, a Stack Piezoelectric Actuator can be classified as Co-fired or Discrete. Both the kind of stack actuators can be insulated with the help of a coating material which is a bare stack, or it can be encased in something such as stainless steel. This is done to protect the Stack Piezoelectric Actuator from environmental and mechanical damage. The operating voltage of the discrete stacks or the high voltage stack actuators is in the range of 500-1000 V. whereas the operating voltage of the Co-fired or the monolithic stack is only up to 200V.
The end users of the Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Market mainly include the industries which require precision positioning and alignment such as Semiconductor Industry, Microelectronics Industry, and Industries using operations such as Image Stabilization, Gene Manipulation, and Nano-Technology.
Few factors promoting Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Market are the expanding market for precision equipment. The projected growth for the Global Piezoelectric Actuator market is at a CAGR of around 16.24% and is expected to reach around $47.72 Billion by the year 2021, and Stack actuator will be a large part of it. This precision equipment requires a very high level of accuracy, and only Stack Piezoelectric actuators are capable of providing such accurately controlled movements. Also, the ability of stack piezoelectric actuators to function even in the vacuum and their ability to be used thousands of times without any lubricant and any wear and tear make them invaluable. Also, few other advantages such as low voltage operation, no EMI, and fast response make them favorable in the industry for many applications. But the major challenge faced by the Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator is managing short circuit and humidity. Sometimes due to humidity, the risk of cross contact with multiple layers of the actuators increases. Also, due to high temperature and humidity, the piezo ceramic actuators start degrading. Hence, these are the few factors that are hampering the growth of the Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Industry.
The Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Market is segmented into the following categories:
- Type: 150V, 500V, 1000V
- Application: Proportioning Valve, Precise Positioning Devices, Micro pumps, Electrical Switches and others
- Regions: North America, Europe, South-east Asia, Japan, China, and India.
Some of the major regions dominating in the Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Market are North America, Europe, South-east Asia, Japan, China, and India. The increasing demand in the sectors of Optical Instruments, Scientific Instruments, Air and Space, Electrics and Electromagnetic valves is encouraging more number of companies to use Stack Piezoelectric Actuators. The market trend of replacing the electromagnetic solenoid actuators with the piezoelectric actuators is what is driving the industry in these regions.
The major players in this field are American Piezo (US), Piezomechanik GmbH (GE), Physik Instrumente, PI Ceramic (GE), Noliac (US), TDK(JP) and IVEK Corporation.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage