A Stripe Piezoelectric Actuator is also known as a bending actuator. Here, two thin layers of piezo ceramic are put together and bonded, usually with coinciding directions of polarization and which are connected in parallel. Whenever an electrical input is sent to the actuator, one layer contracts and the other expands. This causes the actuator to flex. The main use of a stripe actuator is to produce a response for an electrical signal in the form of a relatively large mechanical deflection. The actuators convert the electrical signals into linear motion with high resolution, force, and speed. The deflection produced in in case of a stripe actuator is much more than that produced by a stack actuator. The major applications of Stripe Actuators are in advanced research activities, positioning activities and precision motor control. Due to their accuracy, they are also used in robotics, textile monitoring through needle control, braille printing and others. Stripe Piezoelectric Actuators are also used to make or break electric connections in the switching devices, in accelerometers and some small volume pumping devices.
The end users of the Global Stripe Piezoelectric Actuator Market mainly include the Automotive Industry, Aviation, Medical, Aerospace and Consumer Electronics Industry.
Few factors promoting Global Stripe Piezoelectric Actuator Market are its applications in a diverse set of fields. The projected growth for the Global Piezoelectric Actuator market is at a CAGR of around 16.24% and is expected to reach around $47.72 Billion by the year 2021, and Stripe actuator will be a large part of it. Its fast delivery, competitive pricing, and availability of custom dimensions make it in demand in the market. Also, the surfaces of the Stripe Piezoelectric Actuators are protected from the environmental hazards, which make them a favoured choice among the users. However, there are certain limitations in this case too. One of the limitations is its limited travel, which ranges from 10 to 200 microns. If we want to increase the travel length, then the number of plates would have to be increased, which in turn will increase the cost. However, researchers are working on reducing the cost which will remove the hindrance to the growth of the industry.
The Global Stripe Piezoelectric Actuator Market is segmented into the following categories:
- Application: Automotive Industry, Aerospace, Aviation, Medical and Consumer Electronics
- Geography: America, Europe, South-East Asia, Japan, India, and China
Some of the major regions dominating in the Global Stack Piezoelectric Actuator Market are North America, Europe, South-east Asia, Japan, China, and India. The increasing demand in the sectors of Optical Instruments, Scientific Instruments, Air and Space, Electrics and Electromagnetic valves is encouraging more number of companies to use Stack Piezoelectric Actuators. The market trend of replacing the electromagnetic solenoid actuators with the piezoelectric actuators is what is driving the industry in these regions.
The major players in this field are APC International Ltd, Aerotech Inc, Ceramtec GmbH, Exelis Inc, CTS Corporation, Morgan Advanced Materials, Mad City Labs Inc, Piezo Solution, Piezosystem Jena GmbH, Piezomechanik Dr. Lutz Pickelmann GmbH and US Eurotek Inc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage