3D sensor can be considered to be an extension to the already well established sensor markets. 3D sensors are used across different verticals like healthcare, consumer electronics, industrial robotics, security, automotive and surveillance. 3D sensor technology along with it also increased the industry of semiconductors due to their attractive features like cost, efficiency and reliability.
3D sensors can respond to the external environment in 3-dimensions. They consist of devices by which these sensors create a 3D maps of the surroundings to the user. The 3D sensor is a combination of different types of sensing elements such as ultrasound, structured light technologies and TOF. With the increasing in demand for gesture analysis based application, 3D sensors play an important role in enhancing the performance and efficiency of a large complex systems in industries such as automotive and electronics.
Global 3D sensor market is expected to have a profitable growth over the next few years. The major factors that are driving force of the global 3d sensor market are due to the advancement in sensor technology due to R&D activity investments, growing consumer acceptance of wearable electronic devices, increasing demand of 3D sensor equipped consumer electronics devices, increasing demand of 3D sensing games and rising need of advanced security and surveillance camera.
Growth of 3D sensors is also being restrained by factors such as limited manufacturing excellence, lack of product differentiation and heavy maintenance cost. There are lot of new market opportunities being developed due to retail and media applications and integration of the nanotechnology with the 3D sensors. The above mentioned factors are expected to increase the market of the 3D sensors.
By Type: CMOS 3D Image Sensor (3D Electro-Optical Image Sensors, 3D Time of Flight Image Sensor), Image Sensor, Accelerometer Sensor, Acoustic Sensor, Position Sensor, Others
By Technology: Stereo Vision, Structured Light, Time of Flight, Ultrasound
By Applications: Consumer Electronics, Surveillance & Security, Healthcare, Automotive, Defence, Entertainment, Industrial Robotics, Others
Out of the existing regions, North America is dominating the present global 3D sensor market. Over the next few years, Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the Global 3D Sensor Market.
Some of the major players existing in the Global 3D sensor market are
• Cognex Corporation
• Infineon Technologies AG
• SOFTKINETIC – Optrima S.A.
• LMI Technologies Inc.
• Occipital Inc.
• Ifm efector Inc.
• Panasonic Corporation
• ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage