Hydrogen compressors are special equipment used in the industries for transporting hydrogen by keeping it under high pressure. The hydrogen is diluted during transportation and hence, this is a costly process. Many of the crucial industries use hydrogen. Some of these are oil refineries, chemical industry, and electron industry and so on. It is very important for these industries to ensure reliable equipment for such purposes to achieve minimum costs and wastage and hence enhance the efficiency of operations and profitability.
The end-users are primarily the different industries like utility industry, chemical industries, filling station and so on. This base may increase with the increasing utility of hydrogen in other industries as well as this product is an essential equipment for such industries.
The technology base depends on whether the compressor is oil-free or oil based. The compressor comprises of membrane electrode assemblies and is a design with no moving parts. Also, currently the compressor is water cooled and uses up a lot of power during operation.
The market is stable with respect to the industries that inherently use hydrogen as this is an essential product for them. Also, the market is expected to grow with the inclusion of hydrogen as a fuel in many cases like the fuel cells. The world is moving towards cleaner fuels and the advent of hydrogen fuel cell technology is expected to augment the market for the compressor as this is a major part of the vehicle.
Also, there is a huge scope for improvement in the product for making it more efficient in terms of power consumption. Better research towards the improvement of this compressor is expected to drive the market towards better returns.
The segmentation can be done on the basis of many factors. One of them is on the basis of the number of stages that the compressor has. Also on the basis of whether the compressor is oil based, the segmentation can be done.
Finally, on the basis of geography, segmentation can be done as the type of industries that use hydrogen have their locations based on the availability of resources and therefore, has to be evaluated on the basis of penetration of these industries in a particular region.
The regions comprising the industries like oil refineries and chemical industry are the primary drivers for this market. However, with the movement towards clean fuels, the demand for these compressors is expected to increase its reach to regions investing in clean energy like fuel cells.
Currently, the compressor has some restraints like hydrogen has to be diluted during the process and the power consumption is also high. However, better research aimed at enhancing efficiency and affordability is expected to tap the market of the developing economies as well.
Some prominent players in the market are PDC machines, Howden Thomassen, Burckhardt Compressors, Corken Compressors and so on.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage