Labyrinth compressors are used in large industries for the handling of processed gases such as dried carbon dioxide, combustible gases. It comprises of an airtight container which can serve procured gases at the normal specifications and works on the principle of Labyrinth effect. Labyrinth compressors have an exceptionally well-built structure which uses labyrinth seals to prevent any gas leak.
The primary users of this technology are petrochemical industry, polymer, and polysilicon industry and the industrial gas industry. They are primarily used in these industries to ensure the enhanced reliability of operations provided its superior anti-leak properties.
The labyrinth compressors work on the principle of Labyrinth effect which ensures that the entire structure is airtight. The commonly used version is the Labyrinth Piston type compressor and comprises a piston which ensures minimum gas between the piston and the cylinder.
In today’s world, the primary concern for industries is their efficiency of operations so that the costs incurred are minimum resulting in enhanced profitability. The labyrinth compressors are used by crucial industries like petrochemical and polymer and these industries need equipment which is fool proof in the handling of the processed gases so that the expensive gases are not wasted and a better productivity is ensured.
Also, the internal working of the piston is such that the walls of the cylinder are not touched and hence, the friction is minimised and the losses and costs are minimised.
The market can be segmented on the basis of a number of factors. One of the factors is on the basis of the type of applications it is used for. This factor acts as a major driver for this market.Another factor that can be used for segmentation is the technology employed by the compressor as this determines the efficiency of the product and hence its desirability in the market based on its affordability.
Finally, the market can be segmented on the basis of the geography as the industry penetration in a particular region is a major driver for the demand.
On the basis of geography, the major markets are the developed countries with high percentage of industrialization. Also, the countries with high oil and gas reserves are significant markets due to the large presence of petrochemical industries which need labyrinth compressors owing to a large number of operations aimed at handling gases.
Due to the increasing industrialization in developing economies, the demand for these compressors is expected to show a positive growth trajectory. Also, the betterment of technology employed can be used at enhancing affordability to enhance further demand.
Some prominent players in the market are Wuxi Compressor Co., Sulzer Burckhardt, Ingersol Rand, Japan Steel Works Ltd., FS Curtis and so on.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage