A screw compressor is a compressing device with two rotors – A male and a female rotor, the rotation of which in the opposite directions draws in air and causes the compression of the air. The male rotor drives the female rotor in case of an oil-injected screw compressor, and a timing gear drives both the rotors in case of an oil-free compressor. Screw compressors provide more reliable dry and clean compressed air as compared to reciprocating compressors. Usually, air losses occur in compressors due to heat at high speeds and leakage at low speeds. These losses do not occur in Screw Compressors, as the speed can be optimized. Also, since it does not have any valves, pistons or rings, there is no loss due to wear and tear and thus it can last longer, providing more compressed air per horsepower, thus saving energy costs as well. Another advantage of screw compressors is its low oil carry-over, which is 80% lesser when compared to piston units, which leads to better air quality even without the requirement of a built-in dryer. Due to its flexible installation facility and quitter work environment due to low noise production, industries are switching over to Screw Compressors.
The end users of the Global Screw Compressors Marketmainly include the Food and Beverage Industry,Automotive, Chemicals, Power Plants, Mining, Oil and Gas, and others.
The market for Screw Compressors was found to be around USD 7.99 Billion in 2016 and is anticipated to grow to USD 11.01 Billion by the end of 2021, at a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.62%.Few factors promoting Global Screw Compressors Market are the high demand by the industries for high-quality air in a shorter time. In the food and beverage industry, the requirement for compressed air is at a rise as food packaging, and food processing requires a regular supply of compressed air. The canning, freezing, and dehydration of fruits and vegetables is the major process for which compressed air is required. Hence a lot of manufacturing industries require efficient air compressors. Another major use of compressed air which is driving the screw compressor industry is the use of compressed air in cleaning the containers before filing the food and use of compressed air in sorting, cutting, and shaping of food products.
The Global Screw Compressors Marketis segmented into the following categories:
1. Technology:Stationary and Portable
2. Type: Oil-injected and Oil-free
3. Stage: Single-Stage and Multi-Stage
4. End-User:Food and Beverage Industry, Power Plants, Mining, Oil and Gas, Automotive, Chemicals and others
5. Region: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and The Middle East
The regions where the Global Screw Compressor Market is expanding rapidly are Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Out of these, Asia is currently dominating the Global Screw Compressor market due to its increased industrialization and establishment of new manufacturing facilities. Within Asia-Pacific region, China is expected to hold the largest market share. With the growing food and beverage sector in these regions, demand for Screw Compressors is also on the rise. Also, the petrochemical, oil and gas, and mining industry require a continuous and uninterrupted supply of compressed air. Hence Screw Compressors are the best option for these industries.
The major players in this field areAtlas Copco AB (Sweden), GE Oil & Gas (U.K.), Ingersoll Rand PLC (Ireland), Siemens AG (Germany) and Gardner Denver, Inc. (U.S.). All the above companies are constantlytrying to increase their respective market in the developing regions of the world and penetrate in the countries with increasing industrialization.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage