Betaine is an amino acid and it promotes muscle gain and fat loss because of its abilities to promote protein synthesis in the body. Also it has been shown to have potential benefits for fighting heart disease and improving body composition.
It is often included in exercise-focused and energy supplements, protein powders and other products that aim at improving exercise performance and body composition. It is derived from the nutrient choline and has to be present for Betaine synthesis. It can be prepared by synthesizing sugar beet molasses and it is used extensively in food and personal care products.
There is a growing potential for betaine in the food and feed industry. This is due to the increased consumer awareness about health and nutrition and the benefits of betaine. There is a rising demand of betaine in various food products like cereals and confectioneries. Also there is a growing popularity among consumers regarding its numerous nutritional benefits and multi-functional usages in food and personal care.
On the basis of type there is natural betaine and synthetic betaine. On the basis of applications it can be segmented into beverages, confectionery, cereal products, dairy, nutritional supplements etc.
The largest market for Betaine is North America due to a high demand of health drinks. Another major market is Europe. In Europe and America there are various food regulatory bodies that have accepted the consumption of Betaine. Therefore this rise in the allowance of consumption in food industry is driving the Betaine market in Europe. Asia pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market due to the increasing disposable incomes and raising demand for sports drinks and dietary supplements followed by North America.
There are growing opportunities for Betaine in food and feed industry. This is the chief contributor for the growth of the market. Also there is a rising demand for natural Betaine in various food products like cereals and confectionaries. This further drives the market. There is a growing awareness about health, and popularity among consumers regarding the numerous nutritional benefits of Betaine. Also there are other multi-functional usages in food and personal care.
The major companies are Stepan Company, Amino GmbH, Basf, Solvay S.A, E. I. du Pont de Nemours, Associated British Food Plc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage