Enhanced worldwide health-consciousness and well-known side-effects of soft drinks have placed bottled water under top 3 segments in the beverage industry. In Europe, it stands second in the Non-Alcoholic Beverages industry. Enhanced standard of living and increased disposable income in the entire region have been a major factor in the growth of European Bottled Water. The current Bottled Water Market in Europe was accounted to be worth US$ XX Billion and is expected to reach US$ XX Billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. However, the environmental concerns due to plastic bottles and health hazards of bottled water are restricting the growth of the industry.
Bottled water consumption in Europe is based on the need for pollution-free water. Fortified water- with minerals and vitamins is gaining popularity in the region. Availability of bottled water products, change in water consumption habits and ease of portability and handling have also been responsible for increased consumption of bottled water. The environmental pollution caused due to disposal of plastic wastes, in general, is restricting the growth of the industry.
Toxicities related to the plastic bottles such as the presence of chemicals like Bisphenol A (BPA), that have been known for their neurological side-effects in children Innovative packaging with minimum environmental and health hazards and product innovations provide future opportunities for growth.
In the European Union, Bottled water market is predominantly made up of the natural mineral water category, which is produced in a number of European countries. On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into still bottled water, functional bottled water, flavoured bottled water and carbonated bottled water. The still bottled water segment leads the market in terms of both revenue and volume and is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. The distribution channels include supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience stores, speciality stores departmental stores and online purchase.
Rising concerns regarding the high sugars in carbonated soft drinks are also shifting the consumer’s focus from flavoured and carbonated soft drinks to flavoured and carbonated bottled water. The segment of functional water has also been anticipated to show substantial growth, but a pace slightly lower than that of flavoured water.
On an average, Europe consumes 109.9 litres of bottled water per capita. Italy, Germany, and Belgium are the three largest consumer countries, with Italy leading the market for bottled water. French and Russian markets are expected to show the fastest growth in the region.
Some of the key players in the Industry include Mountain Valley Spring Company (U.S.), Nestle Waters (Swiss), Groupe Danone (France) and Parle Bisleri Ltd. (India).
• Europe Bottled Water Market Segments
• Europe Bottled Water Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
• Europe Bottled Water Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
• Supply & Demand Value Chain
• Europe Bottled Water Market Current Trends
• Competition &Major Companies
• Technology and R&D Status
• Porters Five Force Analysis
• Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
• Western Europe
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
• Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
• Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
• Rest of Western Europe
• Eastern Europe
• Rest of Eastern Europe
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
• Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
• Consumer and Pricing Analysis
• Market dynamics of the industry
• In-depth Market Segmentation
• Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
• Recent market trends and Impact Factors
• R&D Status and Technology Overview
• Extensive Industry Structure Coverage