The cashew nut, also called as cashew, is a fruit which is consumed extensively. It is eaten on its own, used in recipes, or processed in cashew cheese or cashew butter. Cashew is mainly grown as cash crop by farmers across the world. Cashew crop varies greatly in terms of crop quality and yield as it is grown in different habitats through cross-pollination. Cashew crop is traded in several forms including cashew kernel, broken and whole, raw cashew nuts, roasted cashew nuts, and many others. The processing of cashew exists in three types, cottage and small scale processing, medium scale and semi industrial processing, and large scale industrial processing.
As people these days are health conscious and more focused on healthy diet, consumption of cashew is increasing which in turn increases demand. Also disposable income growth is primary reason for increase in global cashew market. Furthermore, these factors are expected to continue promoting the cashew nut output. Expansion of the harvested area of the crop also aids in growth of cashew market. Production of cashew is difficult to adjust rapidly to prices, because the trees need a minimum of 6 years to achieve full bearing, their yielding is cyclical and the crop is dependent on climatic conditions. Demographic factors like population, urbanization, age pyramid etc. are also responsible for driving the growth of cashew market.
The cashew market is segmented on basis of product, application and geography/region. On the basis of product the market is classified as whole cashew nuts, roasted, powder, paste, splits. Segmentation by food type includes dairy products, bakery products, snacks and bars, cereals, desserts, beverages etc. On the basis of application, the market is segmented as retailers, convenience stores, supermarkets, specialist stores, etc.
Cashew is widely cultivated in South Africa and South Asia. In Asia and Africa more than 80% of cashew cultivation is done by smallholding farms. Major cashew producing countries are Vietnam, Nigeria, India and Benin. India and Vietnam are major exporters of cashew. Other regions where cashew is cultivated are North America, Germany, Japan etc. many small countries are focusing on supply chain management to increase their export demand.
Major companies in this market are Aryan International, Agrocel Industries, Ajanta Industries, Alien Green, CBL Natural Foods, Cascade Agro-industrial,Bata Foods, Aurora Products, Multiple Organics, Tierra Farms etc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage