The global production of Orange for the year 2017-18 is expected to 2.6 million tonnes more than the previous year. The global market of orange juice has grown at a decent rate. Of all the production houses across the world, Brazil, South Africa, Egypt, India and few other countries has contributed good amount to the world collection. The Orange juice market has shown strong growth due to the changing trend of health concerns among the consumers who are shifting to raw juices rather than consuming carbonated drinks which are full or sugar and additives. The fruit juice market in segmented on the basis of region and on juice content.
According to segmentation of market based on region, following are the results that have been observed in the recent times.
• In South Africa, the season started on a good note but the market has experienced a lot of fruit damage.
• In Uruguay, though a small player, it supplies a good volume of oranges and the season has been normal with increasing exports to the European market.
• In Brazil, the season has started off positively with volume of exports rising along with the domestic
consumption. Though the pictures look a bit hazy in the European market despite of brazil trying to improve its hold in the European market. Week 18, has brought in good news in terms of export and it is expected to increase more. The harvest is expected to increase by 27% in the recent months.
• In Turkey, due to various reasons and social disturbances, the season closed on an average note. Although the volume remained stable, the exports to the neighbouring countries like Iran increased.
• In Egypt, the season closed off on a higher position as compared to previous year with prices rising to as high as 20% as compared to previous season.
• In Israel, it was disappointing to see an overall fall in the production of oranges and hence the exports too fell by around 15%. There were reports of degraded quality of oranges too.
• In the European Market, Italy and Spain has shown a disappointing picture of production with oranges in Italy getting affected by viruses and in Spain the production has been irregular.
On the basis of juice content, the market is segmented into:
• 100% juice with no additives
• Juice with included nectar which is 25%-99% juice with some additives
• Juice drinks with less than 25% juice content and high on additives
The estimates of the US market are that the production will be 470,000 tonnes lower than last year and will reach 4.9 million tonnes. Brazil is also expected to come good with increased production and volume may go as high as 12.9 million tonnes. Production in China and Asian Markets is expected to take a hit whereas the Mediterranean region is expected to show up positive results. The Global Orange market is expected to rise at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2% from 2017-2021.
The Global orange market is primarily driven by the forces like, pull from consumers, demand in exports, health consciousness and awareness among consumers and change in preference among consumers.
The major players in the Global Orange market are Whole Foods 365, Simply Orange, Tropicana, Minute Maid, Florida’s Natural and Fresh-Squeezed OJ.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage