The ready to eat food items have their roots in military research, where countries were trying to find solutions for the difficulties in cooking and serving nutritious cooked food to soldiers fighting wars in remote locations. By definition, ready to eat food refers to any plant or animal based food that is cooked/heated, processed and cooled for storage. These food items then can either be consumed directly or would require reheating. Since chemical treatment and processing is involved, all such products undergo stringent checks by the concerned authorities of food testing.
Lifestyles, especially in the urban landscape, have taken a dramatic shift from traditional ways. With more and more people of this generation managing both work and home, the need was created of instant, easy to serve food with minimal compromise on the authenticity and taste. Thus fast lifestyles are one of the major drivers. The demand for these has also been boosted by increase in the number of travellers and adventurers, who frequently carry such packaged food items for their trips to remote or unknown locations.
The market for ready to eat food can be segmented based on the food source- plant based or animal based. The other criterion could be processing technology. Some of the processing technologies include refrigeration, emulsification, liquefaction, canning etc. These food items are distributed through supermarket retailers, local departmental stores or online retailers.
Demand for ready to eat food is in good numbers in most of the American, European, African and APAC countries.
McCain Foods, ConAgra Foods, ITC Limited, General Mills are some of the ready to eat food manufacturers who have a global footprint.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage