There’s growing pressure on the world’s ingredient industry to deliver more sustainable goods to their customers. Ingredients derived from seaweed and algae are frequently considered to provide numerous advantages in this regard and may provide solutions in several areas if commercialization of the algaculture industry carries on to evolve. Algae ingredients meet a lot of the requirements of FMCG markets at present, impacting on several market drivers, such as sustainability, naturalness, wellness and health and anti-aging.
There are many different types of ingredients sourced from algae. Almost all of the categories that support algae ingredients are performing well.Infact some of the categories show CAGRs of more than 4% over 2012-2017.In food and beverage applications, the key drivers for algae ingredients will be their natural positioning and the health and wellness benefits they can offer. In personal care, seaweed extracts are used to give a more natural feel to products, however advanced bioactives are now targeting anti-aging. This could be a springboard for other bioactive in hair care and other applications.
Global Algae Ingredients Market Dynamics
The Algae Ingredients Market is expecting the growth at a CAGR of 7.8% during the period 2018-2023.The major drivers for the market are the
o Increased potential applications in food
o Cheaper source of raw material for industrial production
o Increased demand for Omega3 fatty acids
o Sustainable source of production and
o Environmental concerns.
o Advancement in biotechnology and other feasible extraction
The restraining factors of the algae ingredient market are the
o Expensive technology used for extraction results in high cost of production
o High downstream processing costs
o Low sensory quality
o Health safety issues of algae-based products.
The Global Algae Ingredients market is segmented on the basis of the following:
By type- omega 3 fatty acids, carrageenan, alginate, agar, beta-carotene, and others
By Application -food, pharmaceuticals, animal nutrition, cosmetics, nutraceuticals, paints & colorants, pollution control and others
By source– green algae, red algae, blue-green algae, brown algae and others.
By Product Analysis: 90% Algae Ingredient, 95% Algae Ingredient, other Purity
North America holds the largest share in the Algae Ingredients Market followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. However, the new emerging markets of Asia-Pacific such as China, Japan and India are also growing at a faster rate.
Some of the major players in the market includeSolazyme Inc, Cargill, ADM, BASF and Cyanotech amongst others.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage