The Caucasian sensitivity for sweetness is responsible for the size of the European Ice Cream Market and its variety. Currently, the European Ice Cream Market has been accounted for US$XX Million and is expected to grow to US$XX Million by 2022, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Creative flavor ideas and diverse textures due to different methods of preparation have helped the market ot expand further. Artisanal Ice Cream is in vogue in the market. Non-dairy ice creams are also gaining popularity in the region, due to increased health awareness. The constant introduction of new products has been the key trend setter in the market. Fish Cone Ice Cream, which is served in fish-shaped cones, is one of the latest trends in the Ice-Cream market.
The perception of Ice Cream as an ‘affordable luxury’ has helped it survive through the recent economic difficulties in Europe. The market is almost entirely driven by indulgence. An Increased variety of flavors, especially the innovative ones like Prosciutto and Whisky Prune have acted like a catalyst for demand generation. Increased numbers of senior customers of ice creams have also fuelled the growth of the market and to some extent, contributed to the introduction of healthier, low-fat ice creams. Health concerns associated with Ice-Creams restrain the growth of the market. However, there is still a tremendous potential for market expansion, with the introduction of sugar-free and Non-dairy Ice-creams for diabetic and lactose-intolerant people.
On the basis of type, the market is divided into cups, cones, buckets, sticks, sundae, floats and frozen novelties. By sales, it is divided into take-home and artisan.There is an increasing focus on producing new, healthier varieties of ice cream, like gluten free ice creams and those derived from natural fruit extracts. Most prominent sectors by type include cups, cones and sticks. Creative Ice-Cream vans on streetsthat provide customers a unique ice-cream experience with live servings are giving a tough competition to conventional cafés, in terms of sales.
Germany is the leading consumer in the European Ice Cream market, followed by Italy, The United Kingdom, Spain and France. Germany is also a market leader in the Non- Dairy segment. The United Kingdom has the highest per capita spending of the big five markets on frozen food in general.Owing to about one-third of the total Ice-Cream sales, Italy is the market leader in Western Europe. However, its influence in the market has been gradually decreasing. The economic recession, that affected outlets like bars and kiosks, was responsible for the decline, particularly in the Artisanal Ice Cream segment.
Some of the key players in the industry include General Mills (U.S.), Nestle (Swiss), Unilever (British) and Blue Bell Creameries (U.S.).
• Europe Ice Cream Market Segments
• Europe Ice Cream Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
• Europe Ice Cream Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
• Supply & Demand Value Chain
• Europe Ice Cream Market Current Trends
• Competition &Major Companies
• Technology and R&D Status
• Porters Five Force Analysis
• Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
• North America
• US and Canada
• Latin America
• Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
• Western Europe
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
• Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
• Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
• Rest of Western Europe
• Eastern Europe
• Rest of Eastern Europe
• Asia Pacific
• Australia and New Zealand
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Middle East and Africa
• GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
• South Africa
• North Africa
• Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
• Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
• Consumer and Pricing Analysis
• Market dynamics of the industry
• In-depth Market Segmentation
• Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
• Recent market trends and Impact Factors
• R&D Status and Technology Overview
• Extensive Industry Structure Coverage