Food enrichment or fortification is the process of adding essential trace and vitamins or better known as micronutrients to food. Vitamin fortified foods contain added minerals to help replace the nutrients lost during storage and manufacturing. With the advancement in technology and the increase in awareness among consumers worldwide, the focus on healthy diet and the significance of vitamin fortified and mineral enriched food as an important source of nutrients has increased. The Global Vitamin Fortified and Mineral Enriched Food and Beverage Market was valued at US$ XX in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period.
Various nutritional studies conducted by analysts indicate that the dietary patterns have changed in the developed and the developing nations over time and the sole reason behind this being dependence on the agricultural practices and the climate, ecological, cultural and socio-economic factors on which the availability of food is determined. Fortified food and beverages are gaining popularity in the recent years as the young children, adolescents and the elderly who constitute the major fraction of the population suffer from nutrient deficiencies. Individuals are more concerned about their health and are willing to pay extra for food products that are beneficial for their health. On the other hand a major reason which helps the market to grow is the increase in health concern among people and the rise in disposable income of the individuals. On the contrary stringent regulations often hamper the growth of this market.
The market is segmented on the basis of ingredients, applications and geography.
On the basis of ingredients-
On the basis of application-
• infant products
On the basis of geography-
• North America
North America and Europe are the major markets for fortified and mineral enriched food and beverage market. The most important factor in these regions apart from higher living standards is that they boast a higher level of health consciousness. Additional factors such as growing prevalence of obesity and related health concerns in the countries mentioned, has fuelled the demand for this market in the US. On the contrary Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing market for the forecasted period.
The key market players in this market are Abbott Laboratories, Campbell Soup, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, Kellogg, H.J Heinz and many more to count.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage