The Global Stem Cell Treatment Market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ XX Mn by 2022 growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Stem-cell therapy is the use of stem cells to treat, prevent and control a disease or condition. Bone marrow transplant is the very widely-used stem cell therapy, followed by several therapies that are derived from umbilical cord blood.
Augmentation in research studies aim at broadening the utility scope of associated products is anticipated to drive the market growth in recent years. These research projects have opened the possibility of implementation of several clinical applications of these cells, thereby directly influencing disease-modifying treatments.
Stem cells have tremendous promise to help us understand and treat, monitor and control a range of diseases, injuries and other health-related conditions. Their potential is evident with the use of blood stem cells to treat diseases of the blood, a therapy that has saved the lives of thousands of children with leukemia; and can be seen in the use of stem cells for tissue grafts to treat and further control diseases or injury to the bone, skin and surface of the eye. Important clinical trials involving stem cells are underway for many other conditions and researchers continue to explore new parades using stem cells in medicine.
The stem cell treatment market is segmented on the basis of type, therapeutic application, treatment, and geography.
1. On the basis of type
• Allogeneic stem cell therapy: The segment is expected to command the largest share in the global stem cell therapy market in 2016. This large share can primarily be ascribed to the rising commercialization of allogeneic stem cell therapy products, wider therapeutic applications of allogeneic stem cells, easy production scale-up process, and growing number of clinical trials and researches related to allogeneic stem cell therapies.
• Autologous stem cell therapy: Here, a patient’s own blood-formingstem cells are collected. He or she is then treated with high doses of chemotherapy, or a combination of chemotherapy and radiation. The high-dose treatment kills cancer cells, and additionally, also eliminates the blood-producing cells that are left in the bone marrow.
2. On the basis of therapeutic application
• Musculoskeletal disorders
• Wounds and injuries
• Cardiovascular diseases
• Gastrointestinal diseases
North America is expected to be the largest regional segment in the global stem cell therapy market in 2016 attributing to the technological advancements, followed by Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
Some of the major players in the market include NuVasive, Inc. (U.S.), Holostem Terapie Avanzate S.r.l. (Italy), MEDIPOST Co. Ltd. (South Korea), Anterogen Co. Ltd. (South Korea), Pharmicell Co. Ltd. (South Korea), JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd. (Japan), RTI Surgical Inc. (U.S.), and AlloSource (U.S.), etc.
The report contains comprehensive analysis on:
• Stem Cell Treatment Market Segments
• Stem Cell Treatment Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
• Stem Cell Treatment Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
• Supply & Demand Value Chain
• Stem Cell Treatment Market Current Trends
• Competition &Major Companies
• Technology and R&D Status
• Porters Five Force Analysis
• Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Stem Cell Treatment Market includes
• North America
• US and Canada
• Latin America
• Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
• Western Europe
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
• Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
• Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
• Rest of Western Europe
• Eastern Europe
• Rest of Eastern Europe
• Asia Pacific
• Australia and New Zealand
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Middle East and Africa
• GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
• South Africa
• North Africa
• Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
• Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
• Consumer and Pricing Analysis
• Market dynamics of the industry
• In-depth Market Segmentation
• Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
• Recent market trends and Impact Factors
• R&D Status and Technology Overview
• Extensive Industry Structure Coverage