The global medical aesthetic device market is projected to reach USD X bn in 2022, up from about USD X bn in 2017, growing at a CAGR of X% during the forecast period 2017-2022. Rapid technological advancements, growing demand of non-invasive and minimally-invasive aesthetical procedures, and increasing awareness of such procedures have led to major growth in this market. Also, population phenomenon like aging and obesity have also triggered the growth of this market. Newer avenues in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region along with technological advancements to provide innovative devices will certainly boost this market in the future. Increasing beauty consciousness and rising disposable incomes can also be exploited by key players in the market in the future.
• Increasing demand for minimally invasive techniques.
• Rapid growth in population between the age of 30 to 60 years, the target population.
• Availability ofuser-friendly aesthetic devices which leads to popularity.
• Increased awareness about cosmetic surgeries, such as facial and liposuction surgeries.
• Strict safety regulations for aesthetic procedures.
• Lack of proper reimbursement policies.
• Social stigma concernslike being looked down upon and ridiculed after said surgeries.
• High costs of the medical aesthetic devices.
The global medical aesthetic device market can be segmented on the basis of:
1. Products:On the basis of products, the medical aesthetics market can be further segmented into energy-based devices, facial aesthetics, breast implants, physician-dispensed eyelash products, thread lifting,physician-dispensed cosmeceuticals and skin lighteners, laser resurfacing devices, tattoo removal, and laser hair removal. Among these, the facial aesthetics segment is expected to hold the highest market share in the forecast period. This is due to growth in an aging population, the launch of new products, and a growing demand for non-invasive surgical procedures.
2. End Users:On the basis of end users, the medical aesthetic device market can be segmented into medical spas plus clinics and beauty centers. Higher growth has been expected for the clinics plus medical spas segment. Growing number of clinics and medical spas, the skilled professionals who sustain them, and a rapidly increasing obese and aging population will together fuel growth for this segment in the future.
On the basis of geography, the medical aesthetics devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, and Rest of the World.
• North America: The North American region is expected to account for more than half of the market share in the forecast period. The presence of facilities that perform both surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures has been identified as the major growth factor in this region. Also, high per-capita incomes and increasing beauty consciousness are expected to keep the market in this region flourishing.
• Europe: Follows market leader North America in terms of value at the second spot. Factors governing the growth of this market in the North American region can also account for the growth of the market in Europe.
• APAC: As with any other market, the APAC region is expected to post the highest growth rate in the forecast period. Factors pushing this growth are interest in aesthetic procedures, rising consumer awareness and growing medical tourism in the region.
• Allergan, Inc. (Ireland).
• Cynosure, Inc. (U.S.).
• Galderma S.A. (Switzerland).
• Solta Medical, Inc. (U.S).
• Syneron Medical, Ltd. (Israel).
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage