The emerging technologies have virtualized and digitized everything and security is no exception. As mobile phones are ubiquitous these days, the mobile device user authentication services enable authentication through mobile devices. The users are verified or validated based on mixture of three parameters- (i) what the user knows (credentials, passwords, pin numbers), (ii) what the user possesses (smartcards), (iii) what is inherent in user (fingerprints, voice, iris).
The authentication process through mobile devices happens using various features of a mobile device. A user gets credentials (e.g. one-time passwords) on his mobile device via mail or message. Then a user can be validated by facial recognition or iris detection using camera. The voice of user can be recognized using the microphone. The fingerprints can be detected through mobile devices as well. Along with these parameters, location-based login can be done using GPS and timestamps of login can also be used for security purpose.
For Mobile Devices User Authentication Services the global market is valued at US$ 770 mn in 2016. The expected growth of the market for the forecast period 2017-2022 is with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.30% at US$ 2580 mn.
The global mobile device user authentication services market can be segmented based on verticals, users, geographies, solutions and deployment types.
On the basis of verticals: banking and finance sector, government, healthcare, retail, entertainment, education, IT sector, defence, aerospace and others.
On the basis of users: individuals, small and medium sized businesses, and large enterprise.
On the basis of geographies: Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
On the basis of solutions: authentication, web security, anti-virus, data backup and recovery and anti-theft.
On the basis of deployment: cloud-based and on premise.
The largest market for mobile device user authentication services during the forecast period is expected to be Asia Pacific because of some fast growing economies, increasing number of smartphones and increasing numbers of small and medium sized businesses.
The driving factor in mobile device user authentication services market is the vulnerability of a single authentication system for security. The Bring-Your-Own-Device system and high amount of data shared online has created a need for authentication system using mobile devices.
The key players in global mobile device user authentication services market are:
Microsoft, Symantec, VASCO Data Security, Trustwave, CA Technologies, Authentify, Gemalto, TeleSign, SecurEnvoy, Swivel Secure, EMC, Deepnet Security, Entrust Datacard, and Technology Nexus.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage