The process to control and automate the data center facility is called data center automation. It aims to automate the networks and servers. Owing to the rising complexities in networking, increased overheads expenses, unification and pooling of resources in data centers over the last few years, there has been an increased demand for data center automation solutions.
Today, the data center automation helps to improve flexibility by allowing the enterprises to react quickly to the changing market conditions and also to streamline business operations. Data Center Automation is also known as Software Defined Data Centers (SDDCs) and helps the traditional data centers to improvise on their current infrastructure. This further results in reducing overheads and helps in the server storage unification in tandem with simplified management. Due to the rise in the data traffic across different industries and an increased demand for virtual data houses, there has been increased growth in the global data center automation market today.
The global data center automation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.6% to rise up to USD 8619 million by 2022 from its value of USD 2483 million in 2014. Owing to intensive virtualization, the introduction of a number of cloud-based services and substantial growth of internet applications accessing the database scenario have become more complex. Some of the major drivers stimulating the growth of this segment are increased demand for resource pooling and virtualized data centers, technological innovations and reduced data management costs.
Segmentation by storage systems:
• Direct-attached storage (DAS)
• Network-attached storage (NAS)
• Storage area network (SAN)
The Americas have dominated the market and accounted for more than 40% of the market shares during 2015. The US is the major adopter of data systems in the Americas andhas the highest number of data centre facilities.Therefore, this region is expected to witness an increase in high-performance storage infrastructure which includes all-flash storage solutions, due to the increasing use of cloud services and big data analytics, over the forecast period.
The increasing adoption of flash-based storage is one of the significant trends driving the growth of this market. SSD storage or flash storage offers higher efficiency as compared to traditional HDD storage.
The SAN segment is expected to reach USD 33 billion by 2020 and has been the dominant segment in this market. The use of mobile computing and growing adoption of internet based services has resulted in the rapid increase of the amount of data being stored and processed by data centers across the world. Thus, this has led to introduction of two main storage technologies, namely NAS and SAN, to manage the data growth. These solutions assist in improved storage management and fault tolerance, thereby aiding the growth of these solutions in the forecasted period.
The leading vendors in the market are:
Other important vendors in the market include Nimbus Data, Oracle, Overland Storage, Pure Storage, Quanta Computer,American Megatrends, DataDirect Networks, Fujitsu, Lenovo, NEC, Netgear, Nfina, Nimble Storage, Samsung, Seagate, Tegile, Tintri, Toshiba, Violin Memory, Western Digital, SanDisk, XIO Technologies and Supermicro.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage