The security of virtualized infrastructure has been a major cause of concern for enterprises. Consequently, this concern has been the major driving factor behind the adoption and growth of the global software-defined security market. As more and more companies start relying on cloud based infrastructure, the global software-defined security market will keep on posting high growth figures. The growing awareness among companies about the usage and benefits of the software-defined security will also drive the market in the future.
• The need for programmable, scalable, and policy-driven security architecture.
• Works by integrating with other technologies such as identity and access management, data loss prevention, and other software-defined networking technologies.
• Improvised attacking methods by the hackers and the need for a faster response against such threats.
• Security staffing constraints and budgeting constraints.
• Lack of industry regulations for the market, due to which, the usage of software-defined security is avoided by the companies.
• Lack of technical expertise to use such software among industry professionals.
• Difficulty is presenting a quantifiable result on investment.
• Lack of awareness about software-defined security and the benefits associated with adopting such a system.
The global software-defined security market can be segmented on the basis of:
1. Deployment Model: On the basis of deployment model, the global software-defined security market can be segmented into cloud and on premise.
2. Enforcement Points: On the basis of enforcement point, the market can be segmented into Application and Mobile Device Security, Virtual Machines, Network Security Gateways, and Others. Mobile device security and Network Security Gateways are the current market leaders in terms of value. The Network Security Gateways is expected to lead in the future due to increasing need for high privacy, especially in the communication sector.
3. Solutions: On the basis of solutions, the market can be segmented into Security Software, Control Automation and Orchestration Solution, Security Compliance and Policy Management, and Performance Management and Reporting. The Control Automation and Orchestration Solution segment is expected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period. This has been expected due to the increasing need for managing the security of complex networks with minimum time delay.
4. End User: On the basis of an end user, the global software-defined security market can be segmented into Telecom Service Providers, Cloud Service, and Providers Enterprises.
On the basis of geography, the global software-defined security market can be segmented into North America, Middle-East and Africa, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America.
• North America: Many enterprises in this region have adopted virtualized technologies and this has led to North America establishing itself as the market leader for the software-defined security market.
• Europe: The global software-defined security market is seeing high growth in this region because of increasing demands for prevention of data loss and the need to have security solutions without the maintenance of hardware.
• Asia-Pacific: The APAC region is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the forecast period. This is because of the higher number of Information Technology(IT) operations in the region and their growing awareness and willingness to adopt software-defined security.
• Cisco Systems (California).
• Symantec Corporation (California).
• Check Point Technologies (Israel).
• Fortinet, Inc. (California).
• Palo Alto Networks (California).
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage