A part of e-commerce, which is linked to the internet and online purchasing activities is referred to as digital commerce. Opportunities to drive commercial activities through digital channels have grown tremendously with the growth in internet and new digital technologies surfacing frequently.
Through a multitude of digital channels, incorporating mobile commerce and mobile payments, social commerce through social media platforms such as Facebook, and even local commerce utilizing GPS technology to deliver personalized deals to consumers, based on their location, organizations can now generate revenues. In the overall enterprise applications software market, digital commerce software continues to be one of the fastest-growing verticals.
E-commerce software solutions which, in addition, to offering capabilities for managing back-end activities like order management, CRM, warehouse logistics, mobile support and tracking, data analytics, offer front-end for customer interaction as well, facilitate enterprises to sell their products online.
Various factors that have led to a significant growth in online sales around the world are consumers desire to shop from the comfort of their homes and offices, rapidly increasing computer and internet penetration, and variation in consumer preferences along with the availability of economical and reliable technology for safe transactions. Increase in the number of smartphones, broadband connections and tablets has primarily fuelled the evolution of digital commerce.
However, since e-commerce is a relatively new industry and the majority of online retailers still lack in digital marketing skills, the industry is facing few challenges. Also, online retailers do not have suitable governance structure in place. Moreover, as the complexity of online fraud attacks continue to increase, security remains prime concern for consumers.
The global digital commerce software market has been segmented on the basis of component into software and services.
On the basis of deployment model, it is categorized into on-premise, cloud-based and hybrid.
On the basis of industry, the market is divided into retail, financial services, travel & tourism, communications, entertainment & media, and others.
The worldwide market is dominated by North America, followed by Asia Pacific and European regions. US, Japan, China, UK and Germany are the top contributors in driving the growth for digital commerce market.
The major players of the global digital commerce software market include IBM Corporation, Demandware, Oracle Corporation, Hybris AG, Inc., Magento, Apttus Corporation, Inc., Digital River, Inc., CloudCraze Software LLC, NetSuite Inc. and Elastic Path Software Inc., among others.
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage