Service Roboticsare human assistance robots which perform tasks which are redundant, life threatening, dangerous, or dirty for human beings to perform including households’ tasks. These machines can be either fully automated or partially or fully manual operated.TheService Robotics Market was valued at USAD XXX Billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USAD XXX Billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% between 2015 and 2020.
Service robots are increasingly being used in various professional and personal tasks owing to advantages such as enhanced user interface, efficient and high-quality services, reliability, and reduced operational costs and manual errors. Professional service robots are deployed in various sectors including defence, rescue, logistics, construction, medical, and security, agriculture, and professional cleaning among others, whereas personal service robots are used for domestic and leisure purpose.
The major factors that drive the market for Service Robotics are as under:
1. The lack of skilled workforce and consequently increasing labour cost are increasing the demand of service robots in logistics sector for warehouse automation for better and efficient operations, in healthcare for better patient output.
2. Rising government support in the form of fundings and investments in R&D of the service robot technology.
3. Escalating elderly population and rising awareness among the people about the uses of service robots in healthcare and personal assistance.
4. Rising demands of service robots in defence and education sectors coupled with short to medium term payback period and high ROI.
The major factors acting as a roadblock in the growth of the Service Robotics market are as under:
1. The high costs and high initial investments in technology and infrastructure of service robots are the main hindrance in their adoption and key players are constantly improving costs so that more professional and personal robots can be used by end users.
2. As the service robots will work in close interaction with the human rea world, the safety of humans from robot and their ability to understand the unstructured human environment are some of the main concerns of the manufacturers.
The Service Robotics market is bifurcated on the basis of end user’s application, operating environment and region. The further bifurcations of the segment are presented below:
• On the basis of End User Application
Defence, Rescue & Security
Inspection & Maintenance
Education, research and hobbyists
The professional application segment is the current most deployed and developed segment due to high use of logistics, telepresence and defence robots.
• On the basis of Operating Environment
Defence, Rescue & Security
Inspection & maintenance
Education and Entertainment
Personal Assistance & Home security
o Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles (ROVs)
o Automated Guided Underwater Vehicle (AUVs)
o Unmanned Surface vehicles Controls
The ground operating environment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period due to use of service robots for automation of warehouses around the globe and the increasing demand for personal assistance robots.
• On the basis of Region
o North America
o Asia Pacific
o Latin America, Middle East and Africa(LAMEA)
Geographically the market is segmented into following different regions:North Americas, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. Europe is the leading market contributor in the global service robotics market followed by North America. The dominance of Europe is due to their increased demands from the defence, education and research and domestic sector and reduced production costs due to technological breakthroughs and improvements. Also, the rising demands for milking robots, marine robots and logistics robot are further expected to increase the market share of Europe. UK is the largest market of service robots in Europe owing to the increased adoption by elderly population for healthcare and personal care in the country. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period. This is attributed to the presence of the major key players like Sony Corporation, DJI, Honda motor, etc in the region, presence of three main markets namely Japan, China and India, increased need to battle the growing global competition, rising demand of service robots in households, security and defence which is further enhancing the need to improve productivity and reduce costs.
The key players who are driving the market of Service Robotics and determine its future are: KUKA AG (Germany), Kongsberg Maritime AS (Norway), DJI (China), Parrot SA (France), Gecko Systems Intl. Corp. (U.S.), Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (Japan), iRobot Corporation (U.S.), Adept Technology, Inc. (U.S.), Bluefin Robotics- now wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc. (U.S.), ECA Group (France), Aethon Inc. (U.S.), Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (U.S.), DE Laval International AB (Sweden), and Lely Holding S.A.R.L. (Netherlands), Nachi-Fujikoshi, Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.), Yaskawa Electric Corporation.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage