The rapid technological progress in toll collection systems in the European and American continents has led to the speedy growth of the Global Vehicle Toll Collection and Access System Market. The manufacturing, installation and servicing of software and hardware parts required for the same, comes under this market.Electronic Toll Collection systems enable collection of toll payments electronically,leading to almost nonstop toll collection and traffic monitoring.
The market for technology supported Vehicle Toll Collection Systems, has come a long way since the introduction of Road tolls in Europe where large scale development happened in Italy, France, Spain and Portugal. While the need for toll collection grew out from the initial concept of compensating construction expenses for motorway networks and bridges, the simultaneous improvement in technology had an impact in the market for such systems.
The market is growing for various types of software that enable Vehicle toll collection – RFID-Based Electronic Toll Collection Systems, DSRC-Based Electronic Toll Collection System, Video Analytics-Based Electronic Toll Collection System and GNSS/GPS-Based Electronic Toll Collection System are few examples.
Electronic Toll Systems are growing all around the world now. The rising popularity may be owed to the fact that most ETC lanes are less expensive to build andoperate than traditional toll collection methods.
The Global Vehicle Toll Collection and Access System Market can be divided into:
Urban toll ways are typically facing rapid growth in many of the developing countries, with most of them having already adopted certain technological aspects. The current developing interest in ETC systems derives from proposals in a number of countries to introduce urban toll ways and using the net toll receipts to hopefully recover the sunk cost of capital investment plus an acceptable profit margin for the financial risk.
The market is divided on the basis of geography:
• European Union
• United States
• South Korea
Major growth has been observed in the European Union as well as the United States. The recent growth in production and consumption of these systems in countries like China and Japan is quite noticeable. Countries like India are catching up in terms of demand, where the first interoperable RIFD-based electronic toll system was rolled out on the Ahmedabad-Mumbai National Highway in 2013.
Following are the key players in the market:
Schneider Electric, Siemens, Robert Bosch, 3M, Feig Electronics, Denso, Xerox, Thales Group, Hitachi, Efkon AG, Magnetic Autocontrol, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, TRMI Systems, Mark IV Industries, TransCore, Nedap, Automatic Systems-IER Group
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage