The oral care products comprise of dental creams, toothpastes, mouthwash, dental floss etc targeted to improve dental hygiene amongst consumers. The products need to undergo stringent testing and approvals by the drug authorities and dental associations.
The economic growth and increase in disposable income has brought focus on the previously ignored facet of personal care i.e. dental hygiene. Cosmetic dentistry is one other field that has seen growth in terms of numbers and thus brought focus on increasing oral care. The media too has drawn attention to issues like sensitivity, cavity and the availability of products to deal with these.
The market for oral care can be segmented based on the type primary care or secondary care. Primary care products are more frequently used and include toothbrush, toothpaste etc. Secondary care products include dental floss, whitening agents etc. While toothbrushes can be regular or electronic, tooth creams and pastes can further be segregated according to their composition – medicinal/chemical based or herbal. These products are mostly distributed via supermarkets, departmental stores, drug stores etc.
Demand for oral care products is in good numbers in the BRICS countries.
Colgate – Palmolive, Unilever, Procter and Gamble etc are some of the manufacturers who have a global footprint in the Oral care industry.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage