Cosmetics products are a mixture of chemicals generally used to enhance the appearance or odour of the human body. This may range for products in the category of sun care, skin care, hair care, deodorants, makeup, fragrances and colour cosmetics.
Retail and departmental stores are the distribution network for such products and there is massive competition in the market for gaining market share due to the inherent similarities amongst products in the same category.
One of the major reasons for the increased production is the considerable rise in the disposable income amongst people in general across continents. Other factors include the rising population, changing lifestyles, altering environment and consumer awareness of the same. A shift in preference towards natural and organic products has also created a niche market for cosmetics leading to innovation and opportunities.
Further on, high levels of technological advancements have been witnessed in the cosmetics industry. This has had a direct effect on the production and usage of cosmetics products in the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of gender, category, distribution channel and geography. The category segments range from hair and skin care to deodorants and fragrances.
The mode of sale comprises of retail and online with further bifurcations in both models.
North America generates the highest revenue for cosmetics products followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. This is mainly because of the disposable income levels in countries specific to these regions. The Latin American region is considered to be the fastest growing market owing to consumer awareness and growing end user applications.
Some of the key players in this field are firms such as L’Oreal Group (France), Avon Products, Inc. (U.S.), The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. (U.S.), and Oriflame Cosmetics (Luxembourg).
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage